Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cha cha cha changes

After losing my apartment in a bizarre chain of events, I'm now crashing in a hostel with my brother and his girlfriend (Ha! Romantic vacation with little brother.).

We're headed to Aswan tonight, but before we go, I wanted to post the songs I covered and recorded shortly before being evicted.

As usual, they are available at www.drop.io/tedssongs

In order of quality, they are:

"Oh My Sweet Carolina" (Ryan Adams) A great song about wandering and ending up in not great places. I see it as facing the consequences of a lifetime of Fat Joe's "Make it Rain."

"Mexican Blue" (Jolie Holland) All of her songs are really good. This supernatural love folk song is fantastic, and even without Jolie's southern drawl, it's powerful and vulnerable.

"Tower of Song" (Leonard Cohen) I don't have the chops for this tune, but I play it all the time anyway. "I said to Hank Williams, "How lonely does it get?'" is a great line.



Location:Cairo, Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment