Friday, February 5, 2010

Things I learned while attempting to get the yellow fever vaccine

1. I don't speak French. The second of my five hospital itinerary was francophone, and I inevitably looked like a big fool. ("Je voudrais la vaccine du innoculacion pour le fevre...uhhh le fevre africaine.")

2. Just because something bills itself a "vaccination center" does not mean there will be any actual vaccines there.

3. Don't try to get anything done on a Friday in Egypt.

4. You can't get a vaccine at a mental hospital, no matter what a doctor at another hospital says. In retrospect, this was quite possibly an elaborate practical joke or the premise of a potentially hilarious Egyptian comedy.

5. Everything successful ends with a cup of tea, even a vaccination in an airport basement.



Location:Cairo and Giza and Dokki and Heliopolis, Oh My!

No comments:

Post a Comment