Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cold Jordan

With my time in Amman drawing to a close, I recorded a couple songs. One of them, "Cold Jordan," is a traditional that I first heard covered by the Grateful Dead. Maybe it's my tribute to my home of the past four months. It's a little bit Jesus-y, but there's a long line of good songs with Jesus in them, notably Kris Kristofferson's "Jesus was a Capricorn," the traditional and Nirvana's cover of "Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam," and Kanye's "Jesus Walks," which is just a great song.

Anyway, "Cold Jordan" is a good song about the river and the apocalypse. I also did Jolie Holland's "December, 1999," which is just how I feel right now. She's my favorite singer, and I believe every one of her songs, which I think is pretty rare.

These songs are availale at www.drop.io/tedssongs

Catch you on the Cairo side.



No comments:

Post a Comment